Created tubular design with minimal use of stampings.
1. The use of a tubular design allows the ability to change with little or no re-tooling.
2. Eliminated two stampings.
3. Reduced to two bends.
4. Piece cost savings of 11%.
5. Reduced part coating to visible areas only.
Spare Wheel Carrier Lift
Simplified the design to eliminate multiple components while offering significant mass and piece cost savings.
1. Achieved 68% cost savings.
2. Number of pieces reduced from 6 to 3.
3. Achieved better packaging to vehicle.
3. Flexibility of design will allow for application to multiple vehicle platforms.